Marquette vs. Vermont Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's contest between the Marquette Golden Eagles (28-6) and Vermont Catamounts (23-10) squaring off at Nationwide Arena has a projected final score of 77-68 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of Marquette, who is listed as the favorite by our model. The game will tip off at 2:45 PM ET on March 17.
According to our computer prediction, Vermont should cover the point spread, which is listed at 10.5. The two sides are projected to exceed the 143.5 total.
Marquette vs. Vermont Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Time: 2:45 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Columbus, Ohio
- Venue: Nationwide Arena
- Line: Marquette -10.5
- Point Total: 143.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Marquette -650, Vermont +450
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Marquette vs. Vermont Score Prediction
- Prediction: Marquette 77, Vermont 68
Spread & Total Prediction for Marquette vs. Vermont
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Marquette's record against the spread so far this season is 19-11-0, while Vermont's is 17-11-0. A total of 15 out of the Golden Eagles' games this season have gone over the point total, and 14 of the Catamounts' games have gone over. The teams combine to score 152.9 points per game, 9.4 more points than this matchup's total. Over the last 10 contests, Marquette has a 5-5 record against the spread while going 9-1 overall. Vermont has gone 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall in its last 10 matches.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Marquette Performance Insights
- The Golden Eagles outscore opponents by 9.3 points per game (scoring 79.9 points per game to rank 19th in college basketball while giving up 70.6 per contest to rank 194th in college basketball) and have a +318 scoring differential overall.
- Marquette grabs 28.4 rebounds per game (333rd in college basketball) while conceding 32.7 per outing to its opponents. It is outrebounded by 4.3 boards per game.
- Marquette connects on 8.9 three-pointers per game (40th in college basketball) at a 34.8% rate (150th in college basketball), compared to the 7.6 per game its opponents make at a 35.2% rate.
- The Golden Eagles rank 13th in college basketball with 101.8 points scored per 100 possessions, and 129th in college basketball defensively with 89.9 points conceded per 100 possessions.
- Marquette has committed 4.4 fewer turnovers per game than its opponents, averaging 10.5 (45th in college basketball action) while forcing 14.9 (29th in college basketball).
Vermont Performance Insights
- The Catamounts put up 73 points per game (146th in college basketball) while giving up 66.6 per outing (71st in college basketball). They have a +212 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 6.4 points per game.
- Vermont averages 29 rebounds per game (316th in college basketball) while conceding 30.3 per contest to opponents. It is outrebounded by 1.3 boards per game.
- Vermont connects on 1.4 more threes per contest than the opposition, 8.6 (55th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 7.2.
- Vermont wins the turnover battle by 2.2 per game, committing 8.8 (fifth in college basketball) while its opponents average 11.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.