Rochester apartment fire put out quickly - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

Rochester apartment fire put out quickly


Rochester fire crews were dispatched Friday evening, after a smoke detector went off at Oak Ridge Apartments.

Firefighters say when they arrived on the scene they saw smoke coming from the second floor and went into action.

They said the cause of the fire was a stove top, but that the building's sprinklers were able to put out the fire by the time they arrived.

Water and damage, to the room that started the fire and the room below, came as a result from the sprinklers putting out the fire, said crews.

It's estimated to be about $20,000 worth of damage.

Powered by Frankly