Propane heater being used to thaw the ground catches fire - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

Propane heater being used to thaw the ground catches fire

Posted:
ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -

A construction crew believed to be using a propane heater to thaw out the ground had trouble when it caught fire about 12:25 Tuesday afternoon.

It happened at the Casey's General Store project site at 1907 7th Street Northwest in Rochester.

Fire Captain Brett Knapp said firefighters arriving on the scene found a flame shooting from a propane tank supply hose which had burned through. Firefighters were able to close a valve on the small tank and the fire went out on its own.

The construction crew wasn't there when it happened, but Capt. Knapp said store employees told firefighters they apparently were trying to thaw out the ground to do some utility work. No one was hurt.

Powered by Frankly