SAGINAW, Minn. (AP) - A northeastern Minnesota man has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a cabin. St. Louis County sheriff's authorities say their office responded Saturday to a report of an unresponsive male in the Saginaw area. Authorities arrived and found the body of 46-year-old Stanley Skare of Saginaw. Skare's dog also was found dead inside the cabin. Authorities say Skare and his dog apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The source likely was a generator running inside of the cabin.
DULUTH, Minn. (AP) - Church halls across Minnesota are keeping alive a dying culinary tradition by hosting lutefisk dinners. The Scandinavian dish was created as a way to preserve fish before refrigeration existed. The population of lutefisk aficionados is aging. Chris Dorff is president of the Olsen Fish Company in Minneapolis, the only high-volume producer of lutefisk in the U.S. He tells Minnesota Public Radio News that sales have been dropping consistently since 1995.
MANKATO, Minn. (AP) - A new website keeps track of wild bird breeding in Minnesota. The Mankato Free Press reports that the Minnesota Breeding Bird Atlas launched last month. The website has graphs, interactive maps and data that includes where, when and how many birds are breeding in the state. Eight organizations, 700 field volunteers and 43 photographers worked with researchers and a technical review team to create the website.
NEW YORK (AP) - The radio variety show known as "A Prairie Home Companion" has been renamed following Minnesota Public Radio's dismissal of its creator, Garrison Keillor. Host Chris Thile announced Saturday the show will now be called "Live from Here." MPR split with Keillor after he was accused of improper conduct involving a woman who worked with him when he was still with the show.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.