1 hour 30 mins
These soft ginger snaps with a caramel filling inside.
* 1 c. butter
* ½ c. shortening
* 1 c. brown sugar
* 1 c. white sugar
* 2 eggs
* ½ c. molasses
* 4 c. flour
* ½ t. salt
* 2 t. soda
* 2 t. cloves
* 2 t. cinnamon
* 2 t. ginger
* Extra white sugar for dipping cookies in
* Approximately 36 Rolo candies
1. Cream shortening, butter and sugars together. About 3 minutes.
2. Add eggs and mix.
3. Add molasses and mix.
4. Add flour, soda, salt, cloves, ginger and cinnamon to sifter. Sift into creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
5. Spoon out about 1½ Tablespoons of dough. Add Rolo to center of dough and roll dough all around Rolo. Be sure that the Rolo is completely sealed inside of cookie dough.
6. Dip tops of cookies in white sugar.
7. Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.