Submitted by: Deb Attinella
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tbls unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 stick soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
1/3 cup molasses
1 tsp baking soda
6 oz chocolate chunks
1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
Sugar for rolling
1. Combine the flour, cocoa, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in bowl
2. In a large bowl beat the butter, brown sugar and fresh ginger on high until blended then add molasses beating until just combined
3. Dissolve the baking soda in 2 tsps very hot water then add to batter.
4. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chunks and crystallized ginger. Refrigerate one hour or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350 and line cookies sheets with parchment paper. Roll about a walnut size of dough in your hands then roll through regular sugar. Place about 2" apart on sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are cracked on top and firm around edges.
8. Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack.