La Crosse, Wis. - The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse men's tennis team dropped a pair of matches Saturday afternoon at Veterans Courts. The Eagles fell 8-1 to UW-Whitewater and 5-4 to UW-Oshkosh. UW-L is now 14-6 on the season.
UW-Whitewater is ranked seventh in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Central Region. The Warhawks are also receiving votes in the ITA Top-30 Poll.
UW-Whitewater 8, UW-La Crosse 1
1. Jake Humphreys (UWW) def. Tony Mirasola (UWL) 6-3, 6-3
2. Byron Balkin (UWW) def. Peter Stadum (UWL) 6-7, 7-5, 10-4
3. Brian Klein (UWW) def. Dante Pitera (UWL) 7-6, 6-1
4. Simon Brandt (UWL) def. Martin Beck (UWW) 6-3, 6-2
5. Cam Laktash (UWW) def. Austin Stefanich (UWL) 6-2, 6-1
6. Michael Schnarr (UWW) def. Kevin Krause (UWL) 6-0, 6-0
1. Byron Balkin/Jake Humphreys (UWW) def. Tony Mirasola/Peter Stadum (UWL) 8-1
2. Ben Shklyar/Martin Beck (UWW) def. Dante Pitera/Kyle McGrane (UWL) 8-5
3. Cam Laktash/Kevin Friend (UWW) def. Thomas Joswiak/Alex Brost (UWL) 8-2
UW-Oshkosh is ranked 19th in the ITA Central Region.
UW-Oshkosh 5, UW-La Crosse 4
1. Bobby Brooks (UWO) def. Tony Mirasola (UWL) 6-1, 3-6, 6-1
2. Kevin Lewis (UWO) def. Peter Stadum (UWL) 2-6, 7-6, 6-2
3. Kyle McGrane (UWL) def. Mike Gillespie (UWO) 6-3, 6-1
4. Nick Skanavis (UWL) def. Aidan Sauberlich (UWO) 6-4, 6-0
5. Jason Alexander (UWO) def. Dante Pitera (UWL) 5-7, 7-5, 6-4
6. Alex Yang (UWO) def. Simon Brandt (UWL) 6-7, 7-5, 7-5
1. Bobby Brooks/Kevin Lewis (UWO) def. Tony Mirasola/Peter Stadum (UWL) 9-7
2. Kyle McGrane/Dante Pitera (UWL) def. Mike Gillespie/Aidan Sauberlich (UWO) 8-6
3. Nick Skanavis/Thomas Joswiak (UWL) def. Matt Brooks/Jason Alexander (UWO) 8-3
UW-L returns to action Saturday, April 27 with a pair of matches in Dubuque, Iowa. The Eagles face Wartburg College (Iowa) at noon and Loras College (Iowa) at 3 p.m.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.