GENEVA, Minn. (KTTC) -- An early morning fire destroyed a home in rural Geneva, and investigators believe a hot charcoal grill in the garage may be to blame.
The Freeborn County Sheriff's Office reports that Geneva firefighters responded to a call for help from the home of Greg and Maureen Riley at 81030 320th Street about 1 a.m. Monday.
When they arrived, the house was fully engulfed. It was a total loss. No one was hurt, and the American Red Cross is assisting the Riley's.
"I was one of the first trucks that was on scene, and the left side was totally engulfed where the garage was," said Steven Bailey of the Geneva Fire department. "I think it took about two hours to get it completely knocked down. We were on scene until almost five this morning."
Fire crews from Ellendale, Clarks Grove, Hollandale, and Blooming Prairie were also on the scene, along with the crew from Ellendale Ambulance.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.