UPDATE: Racine family loses home in fire - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

UPDATE: Racine family loses home in fire

Posted: Updated:

RACINE, Minn. (KTTC) -- A Racine family lost their home Wednesday night in a fire.

Stewartville firefighters responded to the home of Jeff Hohmeister and Nicole Brumm at 197 Harrison Ave. South at about 8:45 p.m.

Both were able to escape, as were Gretta and Hannah Hohmeister and their two dogs.

Mower County Sheriff Terese Amazi said the fire was started by a lamp that fell on a pile of clothes in the basement.

After clearing the scene, fire crews were called back at midnight to respond to flames coming out of the second floor of the home.

The home is believed to be a total loss.

 

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.