Man treated for smoke inhalation after fire in S.E. Rochester - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

Man treated for smoke inhalation after fire in southeast Rochester

Posted:

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- One person is taken to Saint Marys Hospital for smoke inhalation after a garage fire in southeast Rochester.

Rochester firefighters were called to a duplex in the 2100 block of McQuillan Court shortly before 1:45 p.m. Friday. Acting Battalion Chief Craig Connelly said firefighters saw smoke coming from the garage and the home. All of the people in the home made it out but one person was complaining of smoke inhalation.

Gold Cross treated and transported the person to Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus for evaluation.

Crews extinguished the fire rapidly. The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.