MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The father of a 9-year-old boy who evaded security to stow away on a flight from Minneapolis to Las Vegas says he's been frustrated in his efforts to get help for the troubled boy.
The father spoke to reporters in Minneapolis on Tuesday on condition of anonymity, with a hoodie and baseball cap pulled low to hide his face. Sobbing at times, he said Hennepin County officials told him they couldn't help because his son hadn't done anything bad yet.
A leaked memo from the county's human services department earlier this week says the boy's background included auto theft and sneaking into a suburban water park.
Carolyn Marinan, a county spokeswoman, said she couldn't comment on the boy's case due to privacy restrictions.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.