ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- A Rochester family is forced to find somewhere else to stay, after a late night fire Tuesday damaged their home.
Rochester Fire Department officials say the fire happened at about 10:45 p.m. Tuesday at a home on the 200 block of 9th Avenue Southeast in Rochester.
Investigators say a space heater was plugged into a power strip and sparked a fire in a bedroom.
The blaze was contained to the room, but there was smoke damage throughout the home.
The local Red Cross is assisting the family.
Officials said the fire caused about 20,000 dollars in damage to the home.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.