NW Rochester apartment fire caused by careless smoking - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

Fatal NW Rochester apartment fire caused by careless smoking

Posted:

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- Careless smoking caused a fatal apartment fire in northwest Rochester, according to Assistant Fire Marshal Larry Mueller.

The fire broke out on Jan. 22 at 3:55 a.m. at Mile Manor Apartments, 1617 Fourth St. N.W.

Firefighters found Catherine Graham, 59, in her apartment shortly after the fire was reported. Investigators say the fire started in her apartment. An autopsy shows Graham died from smoke inhalation.

Neighbors saw smoke coming from one of the units and called 911. When firefighters arrived on scene, Graham had already passed away.

 

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.