MASON CITY, Iowa (KTTC) -- A Mason City family escapes a smoldering fire that was burning in the attic overnight Wednesday.
The Mason City Fire Department responded to a home in the 1000 block of 17th St. NE at about 7:45 a.m. Wednesday
The cause of the fire was determined to be flames from a grease fire on the stove that started Tuesday night.
The fire traveled up a vent into the attic and ignited the insulation.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.