9 treated after CO problem at SCSU sorority house - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

9 treated after CO problem at SCSU sorority house

Posted:

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) -- Elevated carbon monoxide levels at a St. Cloud State sorority house sent nine people to the hospital this week.

The St. Cloud Times (http://on.sctimes.com/XaIlV6) reports the house had to be evacuated until the problem was fixed.

Police and firefighters were called after a doctor at St. Cloud Hospital detected elevated carbon monoxide levels in a tenant who went to the emergency room.

St. Cloud Fire Marshal Mike Post says rescuers went to the house early Wednesday and found potentially dangerous carbon monoxide levels.

Post says the fire department was called to the same house about a week earlier on a report of a gas smell but couldn't find anything.

A clogged vent line in a water heater may have been the source. The house owner replaced the water heater Thursday.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.