ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Management at the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra has canceled all concerts through March 23 as the lockout of musicians continues.
SPCO President Dobson West said in a statement Thursday that musicians and management held off-the-record discussions earlier this month but reached no agreement.
Negotiators for the musicians then said they have decided not to honor a media blackout requested by a federal mediator, though they're ready and willing to keep talking.
Musicians negotiator Lynn Erickson says the SPCO management has been unwilling to compromise on several issues that are important to the musicians, and that money isn't the main issue.
Musicians at both the SPCO and the Minnesota Orchestra have been locked out in separate contract disputes since October.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2013 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.