Download the NEW 27 Storm Track Weather App for Android and iOS (Apple) phones and tablets for your chance to win a $500 overnight package from Sundara Inn & Spa or a snow thrower from Ariens. Sign up today through Monday, December 31, 2012 for your chance to win. Two winners will be randomly selected Thursday, January 3; one will receive the overnight package and one will receive the snow thrower.
Official contest rules:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Viewers must download the 27 Storm Track Weather App from a smart phone or tablet. Once you are on the weather app site click on the banner inviting you to win an overnight package from Sundara Inn & Spa or an Ariens snow thrower and fill out the form completely. Entries sent in another format will be disqualified. The winner will be chosen by random drawing from the entries received which correctly followed all the directions for entry. Winner will be required to supply the following information to the station: name, current address, current telephone number, email address, age and sex. The accuracy of this information may be verified before the prize is presented to the winner. Only one entry is allowed. Contest ends December 31, 2012. Two winners will be selected January 3, 2013.
3. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.
4. Must be at least 18 years of age to win.
5. WKOW will conduct the sweepstakes and WKOW will be the final judge on all matters related to this sweepstakes. The judges' decisions are final, binding and conclusive on all matters. By entering this sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges relative to the sweepstakes. WKOW reserves the right to change the rules at any time
6. In the event of non-compliance, an alternative winner may be selected.
7. Winner's voice, name & likeness may be used for publicity purposes without further compensation. By entering, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless WKOW and participating sponsors and their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, printing suppliers, and prize suppliers from damages arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prizes received in this sweepstakes.
8. Employees of WKOW and their families, its subsidiaries, divisions and related companies, its promotional agencies and all participating promotional partners are not eligible.
9. Prize value is approximately $500 and $1,199. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner. No cash substitutions permitted. Prize is non-transferable.
10. Any taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
11. WKOW reserves the right to settle all disputes and to change and alter the details of the sweepstakes as circumstances merit.
12. WKOW requires the winner to come to the WKOW at 5727 Tokay Blvd, Madison, WI 53719 weekdays between the hours of 8am-5pm to claim their prize. Winners must sign a liability release, publicity release and accept or decline release. Prizes cannot be mailed. Winner may be required to pick up their prize at sponsor location.
13. Winners are not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes with WKOW for 30 days after winning.
14. WKOW and sponsors reserve the right to terminate this sweepstakes at any time.
Since CNN published the "Escape from the Mayo Clinic" stories, Mayo Clinic issued several responses that are critical of CNN's reporting.More >>
Rochester police arrested three people in a car that had a stolen license plate at a traffic stop along Highway 52.More >>
Rochester police have arrested a third person involved in a robbery of a Louis Vuitton designer handbag. RELATED: Rochester police arrest man for stolen Louis Vuitton bag Police say 19-year-old Ron Burks was arrested in a vehicle that was stopped around 4:45 p.m.More >>
The sheriff of Nobles County-- Kent Wilkening--has been sued by the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota for keeping people in jail even after they have posted bond or completed their sentences. The ACLU-MN filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of four defendants and countless others who are being detained at the request of U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) even though no warrant or probable cause of a crime had been established.More >>
Despite the polls closing Tuesday night, it appears Rochester is not yet done with the primary elections.More >>