ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Management at the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra has canceled all concerts through February 8th.
The orchestra's musicians and managers have spent months battling over contract concessions. The old contract expired September 30th and management locked out the musicians October 21st, canceling concerts through December 31st.
In a statement Monday SPCO President Dobson West says management wants a counterproposal from musicians. With no indication when the counteroffer might come, and with no further negotiations scheduled, he says the additional cancellations could not be delayed.
Last week, the SPCO announced a deficit of $895,080 for the fiscal year that ended June 30th.
The Minnesota Orchestra has not played any concerts this season because of its own lock-out. The orchestra is expected to announce next week whether it will cancel concerts for January.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.