UPDATE: Possible cause of Kasson house fire - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

UPDATE: Possible cause of Kasson house fire

Posted:

KASSON, Minn. (KTTC) -- The State Fire Marshal believes an overheated box fan tipped over and started a fire that damaged a home in Kasson.

The fire happened at the intersection of Mantorville Avenue and 2nd Street NE at about 1:30 p.m. Sunday.

Investigators said a jogger noticed smoke coming from the home and flagged down a vehicle to call 911. She entered the burning building to see if anyone was home. Fortunately, the family of six was not home at the time.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

No one was hurt.

The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family.

 


 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.