(KTTC) -- An elderly couple escapes a fire after being awakened by the smoke alarm.
It happened about six miles north of Chatfield around 2:40 Sunday morning.
According to the Chatfield Fire Department, the 87-year-old woman noticed her kitchen curtains were on fire and woke up her 86-year-old husband to leave the house.
The Chatfield Fire Chief said the fire was electrical and started in the fuse box of the home.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2013 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.