WYKOFF, Minn. (KTTC) -- An explosion started a home on fire in Wykoff late Wednesday night.
Crews responded to a home on 4th Street around 9:20 p.m. after flames had engulfed the porch.
No one was inside when firefighters arrived.
Helga Tjepkes was away from her home when the fire started. Her husband says he was watching TV when all of a sudden there was an explosion on the front porch.
Crews were able to rescue a dog from inside the house.
Exactly what sparked the flames is under investigation.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.