ROCHESTER, MN (KTTC)-- A Rochester condo complex was evacuated after a fire broke out early Thursday morning.
Crews were called 540 Northern Hills Drive Northeast around 1:30 a.m. They arrived to flames and heavy smoke in a third floor unit of the Northern Hills Condominiums.
As five fire crews battled the blaze, Rochester police helped evacuate the building. A Rochester City Lines bus was brought in to provide residents with shelter from the cold and rain.
Fortunately, the flames were quickly put out and no one was hurt, but a pet ferret did die from smoke inhalation.
According to the Rochester Fire Department, damage is estimated at more than $20,000. Only one condo was damaged.
The fire appeared to have started near a stove.
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.