How Minnesotans can help with flood relief - KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports

March 24th, 2009

How Minnesotans can help with flood relief


The Minnesota Department of Public Safety is telling residents how they can help with the expected flooding around the state, particularly on the western border.

Moorhead needs help sandbagging. Volunteers can show up all week between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. at Nemzek Hall on the Minnesota State University Moorhead campus.

Nemzek Hall is located on 17th street between 6th and 7th avenues south. Volunteers should bring a photo ID. They can also call First Link at (701) 476-4000.

There are other opportunities to volunteer or donate money. In Minnesota, dial 211 for details. Others can call 1-800-543-7709.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2001 - 2014 WorldNow and KTTC, a Quincy station.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Jodi Neyens at (507) 280-5104. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at